collapse

Author Topic: TPS for Philippines Rally at White House  (Read 8479 times)

Offline eBalita

• Administrator
TPS for Philippines Rally at White House
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:01:39 PM »
Los Angeles, CA –More than 5 months after Typhoon Haiyan, the strongest storm to ever hit landfall, the Filipino American community and other concerned Americans are continuing to remind Washington and the public that the Haiyan crisis in the Philippines is not over. Individuals and organizations will travel from around the United States to urge the granting of Temporary Protected Status to the Philippines as another form of aid that the US can provide to the Philippines. Relief 2 Recovery urges the US to continue all forms of humanitarian aid to the Philippines, including the granting of TPS.

“In the municipality of Santa Fe on Bantayan Island, 60% of the families needed new homes after the typhoon, and 30% of families had homes that were partially damaged. I just returned last week from there and in the few areas nearest to tourist locations, only about 15-20% have received or were receiving funds to repair or replace their homes. But in most of the areas on the island, there is very little aid and I estimate that number drops to 5-10%.  This means most of those affected are still without new homes,” explained Lisa Shultz, founder of the Peace Project.

Relief 2 Recovery; TPS for Filipinos is a national, public campaign led by domestic workers, legal advocates, grassroots community organizations, faith leaders and others to urge the Obama Administration and the US Department of Homeland Security to take swift action to grant Temporary Protected Status to the Philippines as a part of the effort to aid the families suffering from the devastation of Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

Donate

Please Support Us!
August Goal: $50.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
Below Goal: $50.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%